Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Merry Christmas 2015!

 Another year has come and gone and as I sit here reflecting upon it, I cannot help but be overcome with so many bittersweet memories. Yes, that is a good word to describe 2015: bittersweet. My children are getting older and even though I love watching them grow and experience life, it tugs at my heartstrings too. My baby, who was 2 months old at the beginning of 2015, is now 14 months! My children will grow and I will miss so many things about their little personalities, funny things they say and do, willing snuggles with mom and dad, reading books and fighting for space on mom and dad's laps, and fun games of hide and seek, Candyland, and wresting with dad. I know I know am talking as if they are all moving out on their own tomorrow. I know we still have time to enjoy all of these things, but the passage of time goes by so quickly it seems. This is just a reminder to myself that I need to stop and enjoy it more. I need to enjoy wonderful, crazy, chaotic, frustrating, but oh so fun time with my little kids. I have always heard the older and wiser moms and dads tell me that childhood goes too quickly. They are usually telling me this as I'm fighting with a cranky baby who is crying in my arms or throwing a tantrum on the floor. I always thought "yeah right" or "well, can it go faster?" But this year especially I am seeing just how fast the time goes. That is not to say that I am not looking forward to our next stage of life. I am. But my goal in 2016 is to enjoy the little moments with my family. I want to squeeze every last drop I have with my youngest, my baby, before he grows into a toddler and the baby years have left our house forever. I want to play with my middle child, my boy, and be more willing to get on the floor, get dirty outside, and just snuggle up and watch a movie before he goes off to school in another year. I want to listen more to my eldest, my precious girl, as she tells me about school, about her friends and her stories before she decides that she's too grown up to do those things.

Family pictures are so precious to me. They capture a moment in time that we can never get back. We may not be all looking at the camera or smiling, but I will look at these think "yep, that is when Porter was learning how to smile." or "I remember that Brooke was so cold during this photoshoot!"

















No comments: