Dad and I cannot believe you are 7 years old! It seems like just yesterday we were at the hospital on that cold and snowy December 17 so excited for your arrival. You worried us during the toddler years with all your tantrums, screaming, and crying, but we are so pleased with the girl you are becoming. We love that you enjoy helping with your little brothers and are always making sure they are safe and doing what's right. We especially love that you and Porter are becoming such good friends. It's so fun for Dad and I to listen to you two using your imaginations and playing together. You are so imaginative! You are always pretending and dreaming up new scenarios for you and your friends to act out. You are also very kind and considerate. We love your homemade notes and offers to help out around the house. I especially love how willing you are to help me when I am busy with your brothers. We love that you are social. You never have any problems making friends or meeting new people. We hope you never lose this trait. We are so pleased at how hard you are working in school and what a good little artist and singer you are becoming. You are my precious girl and I'm so glad Heavenly Father sent you to me. I love being your mom!
Love,
Mom & Dad
That morning, as soon as she woke up and found me downstairs, she said, "Aren't you going to say Happy Birthday to the birthday girl?" She didn't even give me a second to say it first! She was super excited this year.Brooke's birthday was on a Thursday and she was so surprised when she got home from school to see the house decorated just for her. It was a family party year and she requested to have pepperoni pizza for dinner.
I have never made Brooke's birthday cake before. She requested that this year she'd like a star cake. I figured I could handle that.
Before you can open a present, you have to make a wish for the person who gave you the present. "Heavy, heavy hangover. Thy poor head. What do you wish this person with a bump on your head?"
Brooke is such a fun mix of girly girl and tom boy. She loves to dress up, sing along with the Disney movies, paint her nails and is desperate to get to wear makeup. But she can also go camping, hunting, and ice fishing with her dad.
Happy Birthday Brooke!
No comments:
Post a Comment