Saturday, June 11, 2016

St. George Days 1 & 2

 Our family made the 6 hour drive  to St. George June 1-6 to celebrate the beginning of summer and our 13 wedding anniversary. Since the drive pretty much takes up a full day on each end, we had 4 full days to enjoy St. George.

Day 1 was spent swimming! The kids were so excited to get to the pool when they work up on the first morning at the condo. I could barely get them to eat breakfast and settle down enough to put on sunscreen.

Apparently I say "you better put away....(insert toy, backpack, lunch box, clothing item) because I'm not paying for another one" too much. This morning porter was whining about having to put on sunscreen. Brooke said, "if you don't put on sunscreen, you'll get burned. And we're not paying for skin cancer!"

The great thing about St. George is that it's 80 degrees by 9:30am so we hit the pool right away!

 Grant had mixed feelings about the pool. This was his first time swimming. He LOVES taking baths, but a swimming pool was pretty scary for him. He clung to me and only laughed when Blake was playing games with him.










 In the afternoon, Grant was taking a nap with Blake and I took the kids back to the pool. I was in heaven on my lounge chair with my book.


 Blake taught the kids how to dive. They practiced all week.


 Day Two:
After swimming in the morning, we spent the afternoon downtown and made our way to the St. George Children's Museum. I love children's museums. Possibly more than my own children. I just think they're so fun and a great way for kids to be creative and use their imaginations.

 Grant loved this truck and was a little possessive about it. He wouldn't let Porter drive it and screamed whenever someone else came near.






 Porter checking my "heart-beep" with a stethoscope.




 Brooke and Porter piloting the plane.

 I really love Grant's expression in this picture. he's totally freaked out by the pretend fireman.

 Playing an interactive sports game on the floor.







 That night Blake and I were able to go on a bike ride just the two of us. We peddled on bike paths spread throughout the city and it was a really fun date night.


We hit the ground running on our first two days in St. George and we're ready for two more!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

How fun!! Happy 13th anniversary! I love the comment about not paying for skin cancer~too funny! What a fun start to your summer.