Friday, February 24, 2017

Cancun: Day 5

After our free day yesterday, it was time for our Xplor day on day 5! Blake and I were both really exicted for today. We even brought a special camera just for today. Our very first digital camera supposedly was "waterproof" I packed it especially for this day so we didn't have to buy one of the pricey picture packages the park offered. I thought I was being so smart. Our first event was the zipline and at the end, you zipline through a waterfall and into a pool. Yep, dead camera. I'm almost certain the picture card still works, I just need to find another camera it will fit into to check. So for now, you get these lovely pictures I poached off the park's website.

There were 2 zipline courses, 2 ATV courses through caves, rivers, and across bridges in the jungle, 2 canoe courses through caves, 1 swimming course through the caves that ended swimming through a huge water fall, lots of paths through the caves to explore, a relaxing hammock area to take a rest, and a huge outdoor buffet that you could eat at whenever you wanted. The atmosphere was so cool there...just very relaxed and peaceful. I pointed out to Blake it was probably because the park didn't serve alcohol (due to the activities you'd be doing). 

Even though the park was busy, we hardly had to wait in lines and a lot of time Blake and I felt like we were totally alone. 

We were also laughing because even though there were workers there to help you get going on your activity, there was no guide for most of the day. While we were in the caves they'd say "Don't touch the stalactites." or "stay on the course" but really you could've taken a stalactite home as a souvenir or gone off course tons of times. We laughed because if this park was in the US, there would be a guide with you at all times making sure you followed the rules.

***UPDATE***I found a way to save our pictures off the memory card from our ruined camera! This is from the first hour or so of our day before the camera got wet doing the zip-lines.








See that big windy tower behind me? You had to climb it get to the next zip-line. We definitely got a good leg workout.



Video of the Zip-lines:

























1 comment:

Carolyn said...

What a fun place! That sounds awesome!