Friday, February 24, 2017

Cancun Day1

 The last time Blake and I took a vacation, just the two of us, was four years ago right before Porter turned 1. We were long overdue for some time together! We've done a cruise a couple of different times and wanted to try an all-inclusive resort this time around. After doing some research (probably in excess in my case, which is just my personality. I research EVERYTHING before buying), we decided to spend a week in Cancun, Mexico.

We left our home at MIDNIGHT to drive three hours to the airport for our 6am flight to Denver. There, we ate breakfast and had a short layover before our 4 hour flight to Mexico.


 Leaving land behind us as we crossed over the gulf of Mexico
 Spotting land again, Yay1

I had previously arranged transportation from the airport to our hotel, but it still was a crazy and stressful experience mostly because the airport is crazy and there are a lot of locals wanting to "help" you. We finally found the right shuttle and off we went to the hotel! 

The early flight was worth it to be checked into our room and out by the ocean by 3:30pm.


 We had a room with a balcony and a view of the Lagoon.
 We were there during the full moon.


Did I mention that day 1 was also my birthday? Not a bad way to spend it, I'd say!

After dinner that night, the early flight was starting to catch up with us. We went to bed excited for our first full day in Cancun tomorrow!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I just looked through your Cancun trip, backwards. :) So fun!! We went to Cancun on our honeymoon, and looking at your pictures and hearing what you did, makes me want to go back! What a fun, relaxing vacation.