Friday, November 20, 2009

Little Person, BIG Personality

These past few months I have really been able to see Brooke's personality emerge. Mostly, she is calm, happy, and mellow like her daddy. However, she does have a streak of her mom in there. Brooke has discovered the power of her own voice. Meaning she has learned to scream at the top of her lungs. Not crying though. She screams as loud as she can and then gets a big grin on her face like, "Did you hear the sound I just made?" I should be teaching her not to do that, but instead I laugh because it's so dang cute. She also screams like that when we take away something from her that she wants to play with--like the twig she found and was trying to stick up her nose. Brooke's latest is to pull all the leaves off our plants. She had two fistfulls of leaves and I took them away from her. No screams. I thought that odd and kept watching her for a minute. Slowly she opened up her little palm and inside was a tiny bit of leaf. I snatched that up and then the scream of protest burst forth. Like mother, like daughter...

Sometimes we just give in and let her have what she wants. Like this 300 page book:
Brooke is obsessed with books. She doesn't want to tear them up (at least not yet). She just wants to hold them, flip the pages, and occassionaly bite them (she still doesn't have any teeth in case you were wondering).

We also have this toy that we get out when older kids come over to play. Brooke has decided that she is not going to be left out any longer:
I had to get a bum shot

3 comments:

Nicole said...

watch out for those teeth! When they get here, she will love to eat books. Ethan ate books. I have bites out of a lot of books from him. I can't believe how big she is! She looks so grown up. Her face is longer and she looks way thinned out.

Ryanne said...

She's smart... I love the leaf story. Senneca was a book eater. She loved her books and then she loved to eat them.

The Sugar Loaf said...

She looks so long. And that cute little fringe on the back of her neck means pigtail time is around the corner.