Brooke has become a little schemer! Ever since she's become mobile, snuggling with her has become something precious to Blake and I. She's still willing to do it sometimes, but it's never enough and Brooke has used this knowledge to her advantage. She hates getting in her carseat and it's starting to become a constant a fight. So now when I pick her up to put her in, she'll snuggle up next me all cute. Of course that melts my heart and I stop and cuddle with her for a few minutes. Then she'll start wiggling like she wants to get down. So I think "okay, we're ready to get in the car now" But as soon as I make the motion like I'm going to put her in the car, she's back to cuddling with me. This has been going on for a couple of days now. But it works! I can't resist to not snuggle for a few extra minutes, so it delays getting in the car. I'll take snuggles any way I can get them!*At swim lessons I blow in Brooke's face right before I dunk her to make her take a breath. So now, as soon as she comes out of the water, she blows in my face and it's my turn to go under.
*She's learned 2 new words in the past couple of days "no" and "why" Isn't that all a toddler needs to know? haha!
*She pulls the rug that is in the kitchen out into the living room and sits on patiently like we are supposed to come over and do something. This is what they do in nursery when it is time to sing--sit on a rug-- so I am guessing that is where she got that from.
* She thinks Blake is the best and I love watching them play together. Brooke's new favorite thing is being on the trampoline:




13 comments:
That is so cute! I love stories about Brooke! She is such a doll!
Isn't it amazing how quickly they learn to get what they want? And it's always in the the most adorable way. My girls don't cuddle, either, so I know what you mean about taking what you can get.
She is getting so big! They grow way too fast. I love that she cuddles you so you don't have to get in the car. Oh and FYI I wasn't crafty when you knew me :) Only after Kenzi was born did I start getting into it!
love those stalling games. she's too cute.
Oh and I'm due in December.
I like your hair. It is cute.
Olivia puts up a fight when I put her in the carseat. It is a struggle for me too. And I am pretty sure she has figured out who caves in first which is usually Mike.
Sounds like you are having a fun summer.
Brooke makes me laugh and smile! I love how smart she is and how much she is growing and learning to do. Thanks for the pick-me-up:)
Look at how long Brooke's hair is! I love the snuggling tactic. Just think if these are the schemes now what will they be when she is 13!!
Isn't it funny how she is already figuring out how to manipulate you? But I agree, I take the snuggles anyway I can get them. In fact, I'm hesitating taking Ryker off bottles simply because that is the only time he will let me cuddle him. I'm not ready to give those moments up - selfish, I know!
BTW - had dinner with your mom at my grandparents house on Sunday. Haven't seen her for a long time! It was funny because she was trying to remember how old Brooke was in comparison to Ryker and I informed her "six months". haha! This blog business is fun to keep up on family you normally wouldn't see often!
How funny! It's crazy how young they learn to work their parents! I remember how surprised we were when we found out Talton was pulling one on us at a young age--when he was two he started telling us on long car drives that we needed to stop so he could use the bathroom, and of course he never did. Take that snuggling whenever you can get it though! It only gets less frequent as they get older.
Thank you so much for the 'trampoline plunge'. She is such a trooper. When she hit her face, she didn't cry but just laughed. Oh how grateful we are for the fun times you have together. And Dad, you look great in her summer hat. Courtney, we can never thank you enough for the blogs. It is so wonderful to see what you are doing. I love your hair. Your eyes look so pretty and blue. Just like Brookes'. Love you all. Have a great weekend with family. Happy 4th!
Thanks again for being such cute parents. Oh how blessed little Brooke is to have you both. I love your mountain picture of the three of you Sunday hiking to the tree. Thanks!
Love all the updates! Sure looks like you guys have been having some fun! Your hair is way cute too by the way!!! Glad you were able to spend some time with your family!
That is such a cute story about her snuggling her to get out of getting into the car! I love it!
Post a Comment