Whether it's polishing off a huge amount of ice cream late at night or treating yourself to a day at the spa, we all have those guilty pleasures(Twilight anyone?)--some we're more willing to admit than others. I had to laugh at myself because I definitely have a summer guilty pleasure: The OC. Remember that TV show that was popular in 2003? I didn't watch it when it was airing on TV, but found the first season at the library and decided "why not?" It has all the makings of a typical teen drama: lots of teen angst/coming of age story lines and the on again/off again-- will they/won't they romances. Of course it has some other elements too: rich kids with endless money, too cool parents, and managing to evade the law and never get into any real trouble--you know, just normal teen stuff. haha! This is probably a show I would never let my kid actually watch, and watching the episodes back to back made me wonder to myself if I needed to grow up a little bit. But when Blake is away and Brooke is in bed I need something to keep me company and I am ashamed to say this show has got me hooked.
I had another guilty pleasure today: I spent some time with my long-time friend Sandy and her adorable baby Monroe. I loved holding her little one, but it was honestly nice to give her back to her mommy. I'm already a mommy to a little one who keeps me plenty busy!
9 comments:
Gossip Girl. That's mine...
Just put the babe to bed - Tyler's working late and I'm watching The Hills online. This is a major (secret) guilty pleasure of mine. It is totally ridiculous, I know.
Love your hair, too! I have serious problems with mine holding its shape when short. Darling.....
Gonna jump on the bandwagon and say I love your hair, too! I don't usually get to see it in the mornings, but it looks great! You look so pretty in the picture with the scarf. I could never pull off wearing something like that, but it looks so natural on you! Is it a guilty pleasure that I've discovered how much Talton loves the Backyardigans? I let him pick a new one out at the library every time we go and he'll watch it twice over without moving a muscle if I'll let him, which is hard not to do since I can get so much done. . . but then I feel guilty for letting him sit in front of the tv for so long.
Sex n the City (on TBS of course) was mine before we started our Cable free life here in AK. And the only ones at the library are the naughty ones from HBO so no more for me. i love the nod to Twilight as a guilty pleasure. I recently heard about a facebook photo with a bunch of middle age (fat) moms holding pictures of "Jacob" and "Edward" as they were screaming how hot they were. However if it were a bunch of Beer gut beholden 40 something year old men doing the same with a picture of Miley Cyrus they would all be deemed pedophiles. Just a thought.
ps love your hair! You got it cut again!
OH! I miss you guys!! Your babies are soo cute!
I agree -- you look way cute in that first picture! As for guilty pleasures, my biggest one is ICE CREAM! Now that summer is here, I can't get enough. Another one is blogging. I know I spend WAY more time than I "need" to on the internet, but it's my down time.
I was just thinking the same thing as I read and ate icecream at the same time! And I love your hair, you look great!
Yep that dot in the eye 'her mean streak' is from the Smiths. It could never be from her beloved Dad or his family. But whomever or wherever it came from, she won't let anyone overrun her. And this is good. Love you little Punkin.
Post a Comment