This is the only photo I took with my camera: cousin K. and Brooke relaxing watching a movie. I need to get the rest of the photos from NYE and post those later :)
Brooke had her 2 year old check up today and here are her stats:
Height: 32.5 (80th percentile) Weight: 24.13 (25th percentile)
Brooke has been in these percentiles since she was 6 months old! And if you go by the old addage that if you double the height at age 2 to predict full height, Brooke will be around 5.8, almost 5.9! And I don't doubt that's possible knowing how tall Blake is.
Brooke has been so funny lately. She is so full of it! She loves Blake's parents and when we go to leave she will run up to grams (her "honey") and will snuggle with her. When I try to take her, she will say "Go away, go away!" And whenever I drop Brooke off to be tended by his parents she run up to them and ask to be held, then say to Blake and I "bye-bye...see you!" Brooke is also talking so well! Although, some of her words are probably only decipherable to Blake and I. Some of her new words:
yed-dow- love you
Toh-Doh- play doh
Cody- color
pay-play
nik-milk
cookie- could mean a cookie or a cracker--most of the time we give her a cracker :)
silly-grwl- silly girl
pretty- means jewelry and dresses
choc- chocolate milk
moodee- movie
She can also talk in complete sentences and will say things like "Where did it go?" or "What happened?"
She is also starting to learn the words to songs. We sing and she will sing along with us, it's the cutest thing!
She can take her shoes and coat off all by herself
Can dry her own hands and face off on a towel
When I spilled a drop of milk on my jeans, she ran and got the dish towel and wiped it up for me without even me asking her to.
Brooke is still our fun-loving girl! She loved playing peek-a-boo with this box
11 comments:
She sure is a cutey! I think with girls you double their height at 18 months and boys at 2 yr.
Oh she is growing, growing, growing. I love to "hear" her new words....We still have a number of words that I have yet to decipher at our house :)
Peek-a-boo photos are hilarious! The wonders of an empty box!
Oh Courtney! This last statement of tough love about the dead frozen "puppy" just reminds of the traumatic video of Brooke first rolling over. As she is screaming for help you calmly stand by and tell her, your 6 month old, she better do it herself.
Oh and our doc here said to figure out height you take the exact middle between the parents heights and add 2 inches for boys and subtract 2 inches for girls. He says he has been using this prediction method for years. But didn't tell me his success rate with it. My poor boys will only be 5'8"?? I guess we will see.
Nicole, I was just kidding about the you better get used to it comment :) And she wasn't traumatized by it at all, I think she was just trying to figure out what the heck it was! But it's true, having a dad like Blake, she'll have to get used to seeing dead animals around :)
Oh, and if I go by Anya's suggestion and use the 18mo height, Brooke will be 5'3'', If I use Nicole's suggestions She'll still be 5'8'' :) So I guess we'll see... I really hope Brooke is taller than 5'3'' though!
I love that last picture. Blake is smiling so proudly and Brooke really does look a little frightened. . . I think I would be too!
(And averaging your parents' height and calculating from there can't be a reliable prediction. . . since there is so much height variation among siblings.)
You are so smart to document some of Brooke's first words and the cute way she pronounces them. I wish I had done that with Talton. It is such a cute phase that is over way too quickly. Ty would LOVE to go coyote hunting. Did Blake take his in to CO for the cash? If he is ever looking for a buddy to go with, have him give Ty a call!
Haha I love that...get used to it. She won't have a choice when it comes to Blakes hobbies! I still can't believe she made it till 11:00! Our kids were both troopers, I guess they understand our deep need for adults!
Did he shoot the coyotes to eat, or because they are such a nuisance? Sounds like Brooke is coming right a long. I bet our Brooke's would get along so well!
Kali--NO we do not eat the coyotes! He shoots them because they are a nuisance and there is a bounty on them.
I'm glad Blake had a good start to the New Year too!
Post a Comment