Friday night Blake and I talked about taking Brooke swimming on Saturday. Brooke heard us and kept saying "swimmy? We go swimmy?" Then she ran and tried to put her swimsuit on. She wanted to go right now!
We did end up going to the pool on Saturday. Blake graciously got in with Brooke which was good for me on 2 levels: 1) It gave them some quality time together and 2) I saw like 5 of my students at the pool...so glad I wasn't in a swimsuit!They had lots of fun playing together

In the lazy river...
Going down the slides...
And Brooke's favorite part was playin in the fountains...

Just the outing we needed to shake off some of these winter blues!
7 comments:
What a fun pool. It is nice to have some fun indoor activities during the long winter. I have to be careful what I say around my kids, too, since they have no concept of the future and everything is RIGHT NOW.
Your pool looks awesome! So did you have some bread making lessons? Our weekend was a lot like yours, Jocelyn trying to put on a swimsuit and swimming. Glad you had a good staycation!
That is so fun when they get to spend time with their dads. My girls love daddy time. That looks like a fun swimming pool. Where is it at?
I'm thinking next summer we will have to make a trip up there and see you guys.
that is a fun pool, but I can't believe my niece is one of those kids in the baby pool with a life jacket on! I hate swimming unless it is hot outside and indoor pools are never warm enough so I am glad you didn't have to get in!
Tonya, the pool is in Vernal, and yes you totally should come see us! Nicole, I debated the life jacket, but the baby area leads right into the deep end with no barrier. Plus, Brooke will always have to wear a life jacket on the boat, I just want her to get used to the idea that if we are in the water she needs to wear one.
I am a fan of the lifejacket. If it can save mom a few grey hairs, then strap it on :) (I've found more grey hairs since having Ryker, BTW)....The pool looks awesome for Brooke's enjoyment! I'm not a fan of swimming - mostly just basking in the sun which is hard to do at an indoor pool in February!
Wish we were there to swim! I'm glad you guys have a fun pool out there! Is that MY Dad?!
Post a Comment