Thursday, February 24, 2011

Why Brooke Can't Go to Bed

She is just too darn cute!

Usually she is better about singing with me, but she was having too much jumping on the bed.

Showing off some of her cute words and phrases:

I hate to write this, for fear of jinxing myself, but so far the two's haven't been so terrible (granted, we're only 2 months in). Yes, there are definitely times when I want to scream because Brooke has smeared poop (again) all over crib during nap time or that she loves coloring so much that she decided to color all over the kitchen table (thank heavens for magic erasers) but she is also so much fun! I love her little songs, her curiosity, that we can drive by a farm and she sees the cows and says "moo" that she will bring me a book, sit in my lap and say "read it", that whens she spills she hurries to get a towel to wipe it up, that she has a poster of the Disney princesses that came with her Valentine's and she wants to open it up to look at "toody" (sleeping beauty). I love that she knocked me in the head with a toy last night and she came over, kissed it, gave me a squeeze and said sorry, that when I get her out of her crib in the morning she says "dreams?" meaning she wants me to ask her if she had any dreams. And there are so many other things she does on a daily basis that just melt my heart and shake my head that this sweet little girl is mine...how did that happen?

I just have to remember these things when the temper tantrums strike.

6 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

I agree....heart melting on a regular basis.....Love that she can say "sorry". Ryker thinks it's hilarious when we get hurt.

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

It's the "threes" that hit me like a ton of bricks. She is SO SWEET!

Ryanne said...

So sweet!

Syme Family said...

I agree it was the three's that were the worst. ( Pretty much just potty training.) I struggled with Robyn for a year. And now that it's over I am a much happier mom and I am loving the stage she is in now.
I never realized how hard being a stay at home mom would be but it's probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. But at the same time in those little moments it's the most rewarding.
Enjoy every minute with her because one of these days she'll be there.
Robyn thinks Brooke is a cute little girl.

Nicole said...

Olivia was sweet at 2 as well. The boys were bad at 2 but awesome at 4. Olivia is 5 and finally we are seeing the end of the terrible 4s. good luck sis. OK JaDee and I watched the videos together and we both said at almost the exact same time how she reminds us of Cara and Mitch's little Marin. I don't know what it is about Brooke in these videos but she looks totally reminds of Marin.

Hoenes Family said...

She is so cute. I love the videos. I feel the same way about my Brooke, the two's not being SO terrible-- yet! They are at a busy age, but so much fun! I love that she calls Sleeping Beauty "toody".