Thursday, August 25, 2011

Life: Updated

Blake: He has been spending the last few weeks recovering from his biking trip to Jackson Hole. He and some buddies spent a long weekend mountain biking. Blake just got a new downhill mountain bike and was anxious to try it out. He really is quite good:




But then Blake crashed resulting in lots of uncomfortable road rash and a concussion. He's been sore and taking it easy and is trying to decide if his shoulder he just had surgery on last March needs it again. Sigh.


And just to brag a little bit, Blake was feeling guilty that Brooke and I were stuck at home while he was out having fun (this was pre-bike wreck) so be brought us back some souveneirs. A jacket for Brooke and some big, comfy sweats for me (He remembered how I took over his police academy sweats when I was pregnant with Brooke).
Courtney: I am 16 weeks pregnant and getting bigger everyday. I am also surprised at how same/different this pregnancy has been compared to Brooke. I went to the doctor yesterday and the heartrate was 170, last month was 180 so I am thinking another girl is on the way. Although I really have no other intuition than that. I thought for sure Brooke was going to be a boy, so now I don't trust my judgement :) I am also measuring a week ahead. I am hoping that means the baby will come early--either that or it will come late and be 9lbs! Also the dr. gave me the go ahead to get my next ultrasound in 2 weeks. I am super tempted, but might resist until I am closer to 20 weeks just to wait for a better view. We'll see how long my curiosity holds out!

I also never did buy baby carrots like I said I would. Instead, I bought a bag cheetos, which are roughly the same size, color, and shape of baby carrots so I count that as a step in the right direction. I keep on meaning to have Blake take a picture of me, but I forget so all you get is this crummy one I took on Saturday before we left for the lake. Please excuse my disgusting bathroom mirror. Cleaning has not been high on my priority list these days. I also started school this week. Oh my gosh! The first day about killed me! I got home and was completely exhausted. All I wanted to do was soak my aching feet in cold water and go to bed. But some little munchin wouldn't let me.

Brooke: Is all potty trained! YAY! We still have the occassional accident, but she is even able to stay dry all night and during naptime. She is also getting so smart and creative. I love seeing some of her talents come out. She is really musicially inclined. She can sing songs after only a couple of repitions, she can hum (more or less) "Ode To Joy" from Beethoven (it's from a Little Einstein's dvd) and she loves to pretend to play the piano while she sings made-up songs. She is also a project girl. Give her a job to do, whether it's cleaning or picking apricots and she is a happy camper. She also talks about herself in the third person when she is in trouble. Last night she came up to me and said, "Mom, Brooke is making a mess"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That video makes my stomach sick! Glad Blake is okay...considering! Good luck with school, and ship Brooke out to me when you have had it!

Nicole said...

good on getting a least part of the baby carrot urge underway. And I love Brooke's third person referrals. I can't wait to know what this baby is. If it is a girl I have just the quilt I want to make...

Ryanne said...

Love the update. You guys have alot going on. Sorry the first day of school was rough. I hope it gets better. That is a long day when your pregnant. Brooke is such a cutey and congrats on pottytraining!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

You look so cute! I know what you mean about cleaning not being a priority. I feel like I have done NOTHING productive since being pregnant. I can't even imagine going and teaching all day right now. You are too good. And you have made me question myself because I am SURE I am having a boy, but maybe not after reading that's what you thought, too. I think your blog needs another update, though... What did Brooke do to her arm??!

Kolbi Young said...

So many thoughts....Hope you have good life insurance on that hubby! That's the only thing that gives me a slice of comfort when Tyler's being crazy, although injury after injury, he's slowly learning his lesson :)

Eat the whole bag of Cheetos too! You now have sweats with an elastic waistband. Live it up :)

Ryker also talks in third person, and I occassionally catch myself doing the same - ha! Love Brooke's photo playing the piano!

emily ballard said...

Congrats on potty training. Kaleigh is nowhere near being dry through the night. . . neither is Adam!

emily ballard said...

P.S. You look like you could be 16 in that picture :)

The Sugar Loaf said...

Brooke will soon be a concert pianist. She is talented as she listens to music and gets the right pitch.

The Sugar Loaf said...

Prayers have been answered. Blake's arm according to the doc does not have a tear in the rotator cuff that was operated on last year. He is blessed.
Thanks for being patient with his riding days. I think he may reconsider another sport now. Which is not a bad idea.
Yes, this video is very disconcerting. I can't stand to see any of you Kids get hurt. Especially when I know it could be majorly bad. Please be safe.