Now that there is another baby on the way, I have to adjust to the fact that Brooke herself is not a baby anymore and is growing up.
When Brooke was born, I used an extra tall/wide bookcase Blake had made as a makeshift dresser/chaning table. It was wide enough for changing table pad to go on top and the shelves were great for storing diapers and tiny clothes. But now Brooke's clothes are getting big and overflowing the baskets. It was time for h er to get a dresser, plus I plan on doing the same thing for the new baby and would need it. I went looking at garage sales one morning and found this white dresser in great condition for $20. So glad I didn't buy one from KMart for $50! I just spray painting the handles pink and Ta-Da--a dresser for my growing girl!
Now this makes me want to totally rearrange my whole house! Blake said to me the other day when we moved some furniture into what will be the baby's room, "We're not painting this room." I just smiled mischeviously and didn't say a word. I know he is still having nightmares from all the painting we did not even a year ago when we bought our house (to be reminded click here and here), but I already have a million nursery ideas running through my head. Chances are it will involve some paint!
5 comments:
You are definitely pregnant; moving things around, thinking of painting. That is the only time I really got anything done in the house was when I was expecting a baby. Looks really nice and very fun for Brooke.
You sound like me! Totally nesting! I am doing some major organizing myself. I am also in the market for a big dresser to fit Kenzi and Brooke's clothes. Hope I can get a good deal like you!
So fun!! I wish I had some sort of motivation to organize our apartment... it is in desperate need of some love!! Can't wait to see what you do with the nursery!!
Love the changes and the great find on the dresser! I'm sure Blake will warm up to painting ;)
That looks like fun, I've been trying to get things in order here at our little apartment, but I need to first kick my brother out so we have a little room to work with.
Post a Comment