Friday, January 6, 2012

Couldn't Agree More!

It's been a while since I've strayed from writing about our family. But when I saw this I wanted to shout it from the rooftops! Click here to see the worst kids fashion trends of 2011.

I wholeheartedly agree with #1. I cannot stand sarcastic or vain sayings on shirts...not even on adults, and especially kids. It bugs me when I go to buy things from my favoriate kid stores and their current line of clothing is all rocker chic or sayings like "I'm a princess". I want my three year old to dress like...well, a three year old, not some rocked out teenager. And as for the sayings, I think it makes kids sound bratty, not cute. I also wanted to clap for getting rid of the leggings as pants. That may be okay on a toddler, but I have girls that I teach that think it's okay to wear leggings and shirt that barely covers their bum with nothing else. Hello! You are wearing glorified panty hose!

I would also like to add to the list I hate sayings written across the butt of pants. Why would I want someone starting at my child's behind? And my personal favorite (not) trend: the I love boobies bracelets. Thankfully it is starting to die off with my students at school, but not nearly fast enough.

9 comments:

The Crace's said...

Leggings are not pants! Biggest pet peeve. We have women wear short dresses/skirts with leggings to church. Drives me crazy!

Unknown said...

You crack me up! I so agree! I hate sequins and glitter all over the butt pockets of pants. And not to be a brat but I hate it when everyone wears the same thing, like those knee high riding boots over tight pants. Come on people, have a mind of your own!

Kristin Wilkerson said...

I may be a closet fan of leggings but with long shirts for sure. But I agree with almost all the rest. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

P.S. You would NOT believe some of the things the little girls in Talton's kindergarten class wear! Yes, we are talking five year old girls in hooker boots and sequined mini-skirts. Sad, huh?

Hoenes Family said...

They need to do away with little kids pageants. PERIOD. Although, if they didn't do pageants, then Kenzi wouldn't have gotten her fancy dress up high heels for her birthday ;)

Ryanne said...

I Totally Agree! I am pretty picky when it comes to sayings, and pictures.

Carolyn said...

Agreed! The leggings and shirt thing I don't like at all and I have made my 8 year old change more than once when she came out in leggings and a shirt that barely covered her behind. I also agree on the annoyance of dressing your girls like they are much older than they are.

The Sugar Loaf said...

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree whole-heartedly. May I add and not be very popular by doing so-I really hate super-studded embroidered 'hip' pockets on fat buttocks. It makes the 'Star Spangled Banner' song most appropriate.
But of course, my levis are hiked up around my waist so I look like Clevis. Love you Courtney! Thanks for being a modest Mom for the Grand!

Nicole said...

I don't mind some sayings but I censor what my boys wear. And I love leggings on my 6 year old, but not my blossoming 15 year old babysitter. I also hate all two piece bathing suits on girls under the age of 16 and on all girls again over the age of 20 so my days of wearing one of those are over.