Monday, January 30, 2012

The Waiting Game

At my 38 week dr's appointment I was dilated to a 4 and 60% effaced. So now we wait...I decided last Wednesday should be my last day of school and I am glad I did. My back has really been hurting and sending shooting pains down my right leg that make it feel like I can't put any weight on it. My leg gave out on me a couple times while I was teaching and I had to hurry and grab a desk to regain my balance. I got some pretty strange looks from my students. Plus, having a few extra days with Brooke and to get things ready has been nice, actually. Our hospital bags are packed and I have a few extra freezer meals stashed away. And I can't complain about being able to spend some extra time with just Brooke. Very soon, it will never be that way again. I feel bad that I've said that we've been butting heads. Yes, she has her moments, but really I think she has just needed some one on one attention from me since most of my time has been concentrated on getting things ready for the baby. Some Brooke funnies lately:
  • She saw part of the first Harry Potter movie so now she will go up to her toy broom, put her hand over it and say "up" then she rides it all over the house.
  • She had a little sore on her cheek and Blake called it a zit. Later that night Brooke said, "Mommy I have a zipper on my face!"
  • She calls the elevator at the library the "alligator"
  • Yesterday on the way home in the car she said, "Mommy, can we go find the old man?" I said "What old man?" her reply, "I dunno, we need to find him." I have no idea where this idea of an old man came from.
  • It's pretty much a musical at our house. Brooke is constantly making up her own songs and belting them out at the top of her lungs. I told her to pull up her pants because her bum crack was showing and that turned into the song of the day.
  • And speaking of bum cracks, she was in my room while I was getting dressed one day. I was fresh from the shower and turned around to put on some underclothes and Brooke said, "Mom! Your bum crack is showing, that's disgusting!"
We just got our blog book that I do annually as our family journal and it was crazy to look back at this pregnancy and see how I've grown, so I thought I'd share:
June 2011--around 7-8 weeks. I look at this picture and laugh at myself because I totally thought I was showing!
July 2011: 12-13 weeks
August 2011: around 16 weeks
September 2011- 20-ish weeks
October 2011
Then I don't know what happened between October and November, but here I am in December and wowza! That boy has grown!
January 2012
January 27, 2012: any day now...

9 comments:

Ryanne said...

You look so good in all your pregnancy photos! Brooke is adorable, I think she's going to have so much fun being a big sister. I hope there's not too much more waiting for you. I am so excited for you, I'm constantly wondering if there are going to be some fb photos. What freezer meals did you put together? I'm already thinking of that myself.

Kolbi Young said...

I love that this time around you have a little companion in your belly shots! Did you have your dr. strip your membranes? (Maybe TMI? Sorry) About 24 hours after that, I began laboring with Ryker. Looks like you are already making good progress.....Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Good luck!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

You look way good! I just love this waiting game... Boo! I've tried a lot of "tried and true" labor inducing methods. I give up! I'll race ya to the finish line:). Can't wait to see pics of your baby boy! Good luck!!!

Hoenes Family said...

I hate the waiting game! You are at a 4! Any day now for sure! I can't wait to see pics and hear your birth story! Glad you have time off now. Those last few weeks are painful ones!

Carolyn said...

Wow! A 4! Don't have that baby at home! Good luck!

Sarah H. said...

I love your hair, and Brooke's face in the last picture! I keep waiting to get text or call...you need to hurry up and have this baby!!

m@R(! said...

so close!! and you look fantastic.

Cara said...

You are one of those lucky people who are tiny everywhere else but their belly when they're pregnant! NO FAIR! Good luck!

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

My girls called elevators "alligators" too! Cousins for sure. I am glad that you have taken pictures of yourself. You seriously look good. Good luck and the doctor and good luck this week. You guys are all in our thoughts and prayers.