Friday, January 27, 2012

tagged

My sister tagged me in a post, and since I have nothing interesting happening in my life other than waiting for this boy of mine to make an appearance, I figured I would play along. On her blog, she asked 6 questions that I will do my best to answer.


What is your favorite book and why?
hmmm...that is a really hard one for me to answer. I LOVE to read and read a lot of different genres. My "smart" answer has always been Jane Eyre. Really, I do love that book and it was my first classic that I read. It opened up the world of Jane Austen for me. But really, I enjoy anything with a good storyline, a little bit of "sizzle" (not scandelous, but a little steam between the characters is always good...and I'm talking a "Twilight" type rating here) and interesting characters. For some reason I never get tired of the YA love triangle-type storylines. Those types of books are always by "go-to" books when I finding myself lacking something else to read.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years
Let's see, I'll be pushing 40 (YIKES) and will have a 13 year old and a 10 year old. I predict lots of fighting over clothing and curfews with Brooke. But I also hope, and have always hoped, that my children and I will have a good relationship where we can talk about things. I am especially looking forward to shopping and hair appointments with Brooke being able to go spend the day and go to lunch together. I also think that, most likely, I will still be teaching and Blake will be only a few years from being able to retire from the Sheriff's Department (lucky guy!)

Where is your favorite resaurant and what do you order there?
That one is easy: Red Lobster and I always get the seafood platter: lobster, crablegs and shrimp!


What was your first childhood memory?
I have a vague memory of being at someone's house and getting hit in the face with a toy or something and not being able to see out of my eye because it was swollen. I asked my mom about it once and she thinks that was when I was dropped off at a friend's house when I was 2 when my little brother, Stephen, was born.


What is the most darling thing you have ever done or what are you the most proud of accomplishing?
This makes me laugh because I am not crafty at all!! In fact, I had to stop using pinterest because although it has all these awesome ideas that I saved away I asked myself, "Am I ever going to do any of these things?" like do a DIY ruffle on an old shirt or learn how to bind books. Ummm...probably not. BUT, I will say that my cooking has come A LONG way. Even within the last year I am cooking more from scratch, trying new recipes and more confident that it will turn out actually edible! But as for the most darling thing I've ever done: it would have to be my kids. Kinda sappy I know, but they (I saw they because I KNOW our new guy will be darling just like his big sis) are the highlight of my life. So because I have no hand-sewn something to show off, I will offer you this: And on another note, I will say that I am proud of myself for finishing my college degree. I can honestly say that I LOVE teaching. It has brought stress and challenges, but also so many wonderful moments. I feel blessed to be able to know my students and know that I am (hopefully) making a difference in their lives.

Okay here are the people I want to tag:
Aubrey
Carolyn
Jackie
Kali
Kolbi
Ryanne

The Questions
If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
Besides being a wife/mother what would be your dream job?
What is your favorite physical characterstic and personality characterstic about yourself?
Has your life turned out like you thought it would when you were a teenager and dreaming about your future self?
What is one indulgence that you do for yourself that other people may think is too expensive to spend the money on?

5 comments:

Cara said...

Ha ha, I have to point this out... the question was "what was the most DARING thing you have ever done?" not "darling" but I think you still nailed it! Your kids are pretty darling and having them is pretty daring, so same thing right?

Courtney said...

Oh dang! I read darling because I figured Nicole was trying to reference seriously so blessed. Oh well! I haven't done anything too daring anyway :)

Unknown said...

It was fun reading your tag! Jane Eyre is one of my favorites, too, probably in my top 5. Thanks for the tag, I will try to do it soon!

Kolbi Young said...

That's about as crafty as I get too.....But I'd say we do a pretty darn good job at creating little munchkins :)

I had Red Lobster over the weekend - which is always a treat! Their coconut shrimp is to die for......Yum!

I'm game....I'll post sometime this week :)

Nicole said...

Nice job sis. How did I miss this post??? Maybe we can take Brooke and Livs together for hair appointments and pedis and Rio when we are all in Utah together again!