Sunday, January 22, 2012

Odds N Ends

I can't believe that January is almost over. Where has the time gone? Even though I am more than ready to have this baby (at my last appt the Dr. could feel how low the baby's head was in my pelvis and said, "Oh my gosh, you poor thing!), when I went to my last Dr's appointment and he told me I could have this baby as early as next week, I got this nervous-panic feeling. All of a suddent I felt so overwhelmed with the thought of 1) going through the whole labor/delivery process again (I don't look back on my labor with Brooke with fond memories. In fact, my first words to Blake after she was born was, "We might only be doing this once!") and 2) being a mother of two. I know many of you have multiple children and so I know it can be done. I just think about how much Brooke and I have butted heads this past week, and wonder if I am going to have enough patience to do this again. I know I will have to rely a lot on my Heavenly Father to get me through the day. I have also developed a schedule for when we are all home together that will hopefully keep us moving (and not just watching TV all day) with time for crafts, learning activities, individual play time, and of course some Brooke and Mommy quiet time!

In the meantime, we have been keeping ourselves plenty busy. I think the baby's room has gone through more transformations than any other room in our house. When we bought our home, this room was covered in Americana-themed wall paper. We took that down and painted it to match the rest of the house. Then of course, we painted it yet again to be the baby's room. The last project it needed was a closet makeover. The previous owners used it as an office and had taken the closet rod down and put up all these shelves.
It was nice storage for us, but needed to go. It was "fun" trying to figure out where all that stuff should go. And next year I am going to have to find another place to hide our Christmas presents, I guess. Blake cut the two middle shelves down and replaced the closet rod. Much better! There are actually 2 more top shelves above the half empty shelf you can see above the clothes. Those still have storage items on them. We'll figure out where those items need to go (maybe the trash?) when the time comes.
Brooke is obsessed with changing her clothes and wearing my shoes. She looks like she's ready to be a back-up dancer at a Cher concert or something ;)
Winter finally decided to make an appearance this weekend! Blake and Brooke built a snowman for our yard. Brooke was so excited to do that.
The first thing Brooke did when she woke up was open the blinds to check on her snowman.

8 comments:

Sarah H. said...

You look so organized for your little guy. I still can't figure out where to put Elliot's things. I can't believe you could have your little guy by the end of the week!! I am so excited for you.

Kolbi Young said...

I don't look back on my delivery of Ryker with fond memories either....I can only hope that the second baby is easier!!! Good luck with everything...planning, prepping and enduring this last little bit. It's all worth it once it is over, right ?! :)

Adrienne said...

don't worry if you have to spend a lot of time watching movies. it's cold outside and you'll all be tired. I'm excited to hear about your latest adventure. Hope he comes soon

Nicole said...

I love the snowman!!! So stinking cute! And storage is always the issue. JaDee said "stuff" is gaseous in that it always expands to fill the container it is placed in.

Carolyn said...

Nice closet! I love the idea of organizing things. I say "idea" because it rarely becomes anything more than that. But you did it! Good for you!

Nicole said...

Hey I tagged you in a blog post. Want to play along?

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

Hey, I recognize that dress Brooke is wearing! There is a reason that it is at your house and not mine! Good luck this week. Please have Blake call when that baby boy makes his grand entrance. We will keep you in our prayers. Just so you know...all three of my deliveries were different, so hopefully you will be fine. Love ya!

Unknown said...

Brooke looks so funny (and cute!). My bishop advised me to write up a schedule every day but not to get discouraged if I don't stay perfectly on task. In fact, most of the time we don't. But at least I am able to look back at the end of the day and say, "hey, at least I got some things accomplished" instead of just wondering where my whole day went. Two kids is an adjustment time-wise (along with many other things), and you do have to learn to let a few more things go, but once you have that little guy at home with you, you will wonder how you ever got along without him!