Maybe it's the horomones, or maybe it's just my natural disposition, but I have been so moody lately! Brooke and I have been butting heads the past couple of days and I find myself saying to myself "be patient...don't loose it!" (that doesn't always work btw). I get annoyed by people asking me if I'm ready to have this baby. What do you think? No, I want it to stay in here forever. I don't want to talk about how I'm feeling with every person who passes by and asks. I don't want to hear that I look I'm ready to pop. And I especially don't want to hear every stranger's labor and delivery story. Seriously on Friday a lady I did not know stopped me and proceeded to tell me the stories of all 4 of children. Unless you are a friend or family member, I don't care! Sorry, maybe that is rude but that is how I am feeling.
A definite cure for my moody blues has been a reminder of how many people I have around me that truly do care about me and support me. Since moving here 3 years ago, I have met some truly great people and feel blessed to know them. On Monday morning at our English department meeting, my co workers surprised me with a baby shower. It was totally unexpected and so appreciated. That night when Blake got home, I had all the shower stuff spread across the kitchen table. Blake saw it and said, "Holy Cow! How much did you spend today?" I told him about the surprise shower and we were both just so, so appreciative. Then, on Saturday, my good friend Jackie threw another shower for me. She did an amazing job too.
She came over early to decorate in orange and blue. She made chicken salad sandwiches, spinach dip, a veggie tray, cupcakes, and we had chocolate fondue with strawberries, bananas, and rice krispy treats to dip. I wanted to get a pic of Jackie and I together and my mom and I together, but that didn't happen. So here they are standing in the kitchen together.
The baby got some much needed basics as well: Diapers, wipes, binkys, lotions, soap, diaper genie refills, clothes, board books, hats, blanekts (Trish made the baseball one) and Elisa made these adorable oversized bibs for all our little guy's sticky messes.
What the carseat cover looks like: The buttons down the middle open up so you can check on the baby. It also came with a matching diaper clutch. A handy holder for diapers and wipes on the go.
Saturday was just a fun day with the girls. We ate, laughed, visited, and played games. It was a perfect relief from the moodiness I have been feeling lately! Thanks Jackie! Blake and I have definitely have felt the love and again, am so, so grateful to everyone who came and supported us. Having a baby, no matter what number it is, is expensive. It's so nice to get a great jumpstart on our baby-stash of supplies and clothing. And it's been a great reminder that we are so blessed to have such great friends and family. Moving to this area 3 years ago, I wasn't sure what how it would go, but now I can't imagine being anywhere else!
8 comments:
How fun!I love baby showers! I can totally relate to you being annoyed with strangers and their comments!
Looks like you had a good turn out! Way cute stuff! I feel so awful that I wasn't able to make it. I do have a gift I need to drop off to you here soon. I had to laugh at the comment Blake made about how much did you spend today? That's totally my husband! You guys are an amazing family and have done so much for many! I'm so excited for you!
I love all the fun boy things...and you're right it is expensive especially when you're switching genders. Hang in there....just keep swimming, just keep swimming :)
Yay!! I wish I was there! But I am so happy there are people taking such good care of my little sister. The car seat cover is super cute and I love the functionality of it too. And a surprise shower is awesome! How fun.
Sorry you have been so frustrated with people. I'm glad the week ended good for you. You got so many cute things. I love those ties and that is such a cute car seat cover.
Hope you have a better week. I can't wait to see that little guy.
Seriously, have I told you that you look ready to pop? You are really blossoming! I'll bet you can't wait to have that baby! Let me tell you all about Andrew's birth... he he just kidding obviously. I had a lady at church tell me I was "blossoming" like every week. So I gained 60 lbs... back off people! You think I didn't notice? Hang in there Courtney!
So much cute stuff! I love it. I'm glad people are taking care of you.
I can relate with the moodiness and being annoyed by strangers comments. What is it about pregnancy that brings out everyone's comments?! I wish I could have come to your shower. It looks wonderful, the food sounded delicious, and I'm glad it was such a good time. I love the car seat cover, its adorable and will be perfect for a winter baby.
Post a Comment