Brooke loved having some new people to play with her, and they were good sports, too. Katie endured getting her hair brushed and styled by Brooke and both Ben and Katie were "horsies" for Brooke to ride around on.
We ventured out and went bowling Monday night. Brooke had a blast...sadly I only beat her score by 2 points.


And yep, Brooke and I are using the same size bowling ball.

Blake ended up beating us all.
Again, I am horrified by the shirt Brooke is wearing in this picture. It's one she decorated herself with paint and markers over the summer and it's too small now. I didn't know that is what she was wearing underneath her jacket until she took it off.
My mom was a good sport and held Porter so we could bowl and eat pizza. We went bowling around 5pm and the lanes were empty. Around 6 they started filling up with the women's league. One lady yelled at me for having my baby out in public. Oh well.
The next day we headed up to the dinosaur quarrey. It has been closed for 5 years, undergoing renovations and finally reopened. It's a pretty cool place: an enclosed side of the mountain that has tons of dinosaur bones all over it. 
Can you see them?




On the bottom level, there are some that they let you touch


4 comments:
I can't believe someone yelled at you! Like you should stay stuck in your house all winter long completely isolated from the outside world, give me a break. And I like that Brooke doesn't have to look completely perfect all the time. 1. you have a newborn so that is definitely not on the top of the priority list. 2. It shows that she is independent and has opinions of her own and that you aren't overbearing and controlling and she can have some say in what she wears. She still always looks adorable! I'm glad you had a fun time with your family visiting.
Dorky lady! And you don't look like you just had a baby, no fair! Sounds like you are as good at bowling as I am. Funny side note: when Marin was Star Student she put on her questionnaire that bowling was her favorite sport. Hilarious, since her only experience bowling is on the Wii :)
Your brother looks good with a baby in arms :)
When an opportunity arises, you need to take Brooke to "mini bowling"....is is the miniature version and so fun for adults and children. The balls are small enough that they don't need the launcher ramp. The dino museum looks awesome. We would love that!
Courtney, you look amazing! I'm impressed you were showered and out and about so soon.
I am seriously going to have to check out that dinosaur quarry. What an awesome place! I may bombard you with questions about it before our next Utah trip (whenever that is).
Post a Comment