Sunday, May 22, 2016

Brooke's Soccer 2016

We're just about finished (1 more game!) with Brooke's 2016 Spring Soccer Season. How do I sum up how it went this year? Let's see--windy. Very windy. And rainy. Several games were spent watching from the car. Also, every game I had to give myself a little pep talk "This is just soccer for 7 year olds. It's not the world cup. There's no need to be that crazy mom from the sidelines." But each game I couldn't help myself! "GO BROOKE! GOOD JOB SIS! KICK THE BALL! PAY ATTENTION! BROOKE?! ARE YOU WATCHING? GET READY BROOKE! KICK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It's hard to do soccer three times a week when most games/practices Blake was working and I was left trying to juggle the two boys on my own. But we survived and Brooke had a good season. She didn't score any goals but had a really great assist one game and was a good little defender throughout the season.

 Porter was *usually* a good sport to watch his sister.













No comments: