Sunday, May 22, 2016

Grant's First Haircut

 At 18 months, Blake and I decided it was time to cut off the baby mullet Grant had been sporting. Both of the boys needed haircuts, so I took them to GreatClips so they could have an actual haircut instead of a buzzcut they usually get at home. I'd been putting off Grant's haircut because I knew once it was short, he'd look like a little boy and not my little baby anymore. It was kind of emotional for me--my last baby's first haircut!

I wasn't sure how Grant would do getting his haircut, but he was so good and so sweet during the entire thing! He just sat in the chair and sucked on his binky and watched himself in the mirror the entire time. And it was kind of fun that one of my old students was his hairstylist!







 Okay, I tried to get an after picture and Grant was NOT HAPPY that I took his binky out for the picture.
 Yeah, we're working on his binky addiction, but that's a battle for another day!
 No more mullet!
 My handsome boys and their new haircuts! PS--I totally have an obsession with buying my boys matching outfits.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Love the haircut! And, I totally get the matching clothes thing. My kids won't really let me do it anymore, but I loved to do it when they were younger!

Kolbi Young said...

It looks like you were playing catch-up this weekend too :) I know blogging is a dying medium, but it is such a good place for me to write my memories with all the photos that I take. It just feels so daunting at times to keep it up :)

When is Brooke out of school? Ryker has been off track for two weeks and then has to go back for six more. He won't be done until the end of June. Kinda weird, but that's the trade off to have him home periodically throughout the year. He's totally ready to be done - ha!

Brooke's soccer pics look a lot like Ryker's....pretty skies, green grass. But what we really know is that those were the only days we attempted to take photos. It has been an ugly season with all this rain. I'm so ready for it to be over. I'm glad she had such a good time!

I can't believe how much Grant has grown and I love his new haircut! You are so right about bathtime magic. Once they are fresh and clean, you want to snuggle and love on them. Maybe we should do it earlier so we can enjoy them a bit longer before hustling them off to bed. :)

I just updated on our trip to Legoland. I thought about you on this trip, because I know you've considered Disney with the kids. This is way better (as far as lines, people and little people rides) for small children. Being pregnant, I rode on most of the rides, that's how mild they are. I don't even think they have to love Legos to appreciate it. I still don't think Ruby has the patience for Disney...so I'm sticking to my five year rule :)

If you're coming this way this summer, let me know. It would be fun to meet up!