Before we left for my brother's house, Brooke decided to be especially cute. It's only a 13 sec. video so humor me.
Blake lucked out and had Wednesday and Thursday off so we went to my brother's house. On Wed. we met our good friends Reggie and Ryanne and their kids at the Gateway for some shopping and yummy food at Rumbi Grill.
While waiting for the turkey to cook we played Five Crowns (the best card game ever!):
Brooke was upset we wouldn't let her play (I mean eat) with the cards. Luckily Uncle Ben and Aunt Katie had an extra deck that was missing some cards:
mmmm! The turkey was delicious!
Our first Thanksgiving as a family of 3Today also has been an especially wonderful day. I have no desire to fight my way through a crowd of crazy shoppers just to snag some "must have" toy, but I did have a few things in mind that I wanted to buy for Brooke (my "she won't remember this Christmas, so why buy anything" attitude is slowly melting). I was able to find everything I wanted online and got some pretty good deals too. After, I put in some Christmas music and started getting out the decorations. We bought a tree permit so this weekend we are planning on going up on the mountain to chop down our tree.
Brooke has also learned some new things. There is a step that goes up into our kitchen and she has figured out how to climb over it to get up there. We first had to coax her with keys (she takes after her daddy. Blake LOVED keys when he was little), but now she can do it all by herself. We also had to finally put a baby gate at the top of our stairs after a very sad incident I am trying to erase from my memory. Today I looked over and Brooke had pulled herself up to standing all by herself! Yay Brooke! I went crazy when she did that. Hopefully I'll be able to capture it on camera soon.


5 comments:
Thank you for the Thanksgiving pictures. They are so fun. Brooke is growing much too fast. I haven't been on the blog for some time. She just looks older for sure. And standing up to things...where is that little baby? When I looked at the picture of your Mom and Brooke it seems like just yesterday she was holding a little baby in the hospital. If only the next year goes so fast...for us anyway so we can be home and hug on that little girl.
I am glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving, that is great Blake had it off! Isn't Brooke's age so fun!? They learn so fast!
I have a very similar picture of blake at Grandma's house of him hovering over the turkey in an orange shirt. too funny. I can't beleive how big brooke is getting! I think i say that every time. I was at Wal-Mart at 5 AM getting some good deals. YIKES! Then I was at Gap kids and got some super cute deals today. I have 3 things left to get! And hopefully I will stop.
Brooke is SO BIG. We missed you guys on turkey day. I wish you had more time out here to come play with us. I'll email who Brooke has for x-mas. Love you guys!
It was so good seeing you guys! I'm glad I got to see a video of Brooke being "so big" since she was too distracted to show us. Next time we get together lets play 5 crowns!
Post a Comment