No new videos or pictures to post. Just some rambling thoughts that have been going through my head the past few days.
This semester of school has been crazy. As a teacher of 3 different subjects and about 120 total students, the office decided it would be fun to mix it up a bit and make it so I flip flop back and forth between subjects all day long instead of grouping my classes together. I am constatly shuffling through worksheets and powerpoint slides to quickly set up for the next class. This makes it really fun when I get worksheets and lesson plans confused and have to ask my students "what class is this again?" I also showed that video in my previous post about Savannah. I linked it with a writing assignment. I think it went well. The middle school years can sometimes be the hardest and my hope is that my students took something away from that video and will extend friendship to those who need it most.
I've been called to be the weeblos assistant, which so far hasn't been too bad. But now I have a dreading feeling that I'm going to be called to be the actual leader. The current leader has been doing it for 7 years and has been giving me these cryptic hints indicating she might be released. Then yesterday I got a crash course on recording all the boys badges. Why would an assistant need to know that?! I only pray they call Blake in to do it with me. I have no idea how the scouting program works and if I'm being completely honest, I really am not at all interested in the scouting program. I kind of see this going in the same direction as when I was asked to teach 6th grade PE: me sitting on the bleachers while the kids played a game. "Mrs. Millecam, so and so just fouled me!" Me: "Oh really, I didn't see it. Keep playing!"
I am trying something new this month too. I was reflecting on my marriage and thinking how after 7 1/2 years I feel like there are a lot of things that I take for granted. I've gotten comfortable in my marriage instead of making efforts to improve it. So starting today (February 1) I am going to make a conscious effort to show more appreciation for Blake. Each day I'm going to remember to tell him thank you for something he did (like doing the dishes, taking care of Brooke etc...) and just letting him know I love him. I know this sound silly, but I sometimes I forget to say thank you for the small things or I forget to to call just to tell him I love him and not about something I forgot at the grocery store. I took an institute class where we read an article entitled "Change yourself--change your marriage" The jist of it said that so many people focus on the things they want to change about their spouse instead of looking inward. So I'm going to take this advice to heart (many years later) and see how it goes. I'm excited to see what changes take place. With Blake and I both being so busy, I feel like this will help keep the focus on us, our marriage, and our family and not let those outside sources of stress influence us as much.
And I can't end a blog post without mentioning some things that Brooke is up to:
*She wakes up in the morning and we can hear her singing in her crib. Then when she hears us also up and moving around she goes 'Hello?...Hellllooowww?" and then "Mommy? Daddy?" It makes me smile everyday.
*She loves the movie "Finding Nemo" and will say "Nemo. I want watch Nemo." And she will actually sit through most of it.
*Last night she wanted to dress up in her fairy wings, put her socks on her hands and dance around in the basement.
*On Saturday I was vacuuming and left Brooke at the kitchen table with a coloring book. When I finished I came back into the kitchen to find Brooke was nowhere to be seen but the cuboard with the cleaning supplies was open. I did some searching and saw that Brooke's bedroom door was closed. I opened it and Brooke immediatly runs over to me says 'here go!" and hands me a bottle of febreeze (luckily that is all that it was!) that she had been spraying all over her room. Naughty girl, she knew she was in trouble!
8 comments:
I can't believe the schedule you have at school! That has to be unbelievable to prep for. Good luck! I have been having the same thoughts about marriage and not wanting to take 'us' for granted so I liked reading about yours. You'll have to let me know what you notice at the end of the month :) Every month Brooke is getting cuter and cuter, and probably into more and more trouble.
I dread a scouts calling, too. I know NOTHING about boys, which is probably why I would be called -- to learn.
I think it is great you are focusing on improving your marriage. It is so easy to let the marriage relationship slide after having kids. I found the article you mentioned, and I really liked what he said at the end. "Whatever your present marriage relationship, you can do something today that can change things for the better." Great advice.
I meant to tell you too, I bet it would be perfect to have you and Blake in scouts together! More time spent together and what a perfect calling for Blake. I think scouting is so important for boys and thanks to all those scout leaders out there!
You are so lucky it was only Febreeze! Although I laughed that she "locked" herself up in her room :)
I think it is really great you are making an effort to focus on your marriage. These past 18 months since Ryker was born have been the hardest of our nine years together. Your focus is redirected and you are stretched so thin. I sometimes look at this website which gives fun/inexpensive ways to spoil your spouse. Sometimes cheezy but worth checking periodically :) http://www.thedatingdivas.com/
Its amazing what a thank you does in a relationship. Our husbands sure do love that extra little attention through life. I'm so excited your cruising! A getaway always works wonders!!!
Owen does the same things with cleaning products, but he'll tell me to go into my room and then close my door. Like I don't know what kind of choices he's about to make :) I've been trying to do the same with Jared. I think it really helps the mood in our home. Have fun in scouts. Glad it is not me!
Scouts...let's cry together! School sounds crazy, but I got a good laugh out of when you taught PE and ignoring the fouls. You are a good wife. Husbands need that extra attention and love. They work so hard and really do everything for us. I'm sure Blake will notice it and you will get a little extra attention too...you deserve it. Give Brooke a kissy. I love hearing what she is up to...reminds me of my life a few years ago.
Oh the cub scout world. Some people love it...I say let them. But it would have been way more fun with JaDee with me. I try to say thanks for JaDee too.. and when we say family prayers I try to say thanks for something each of the members of the family have done. My hopes were they would in turn remember to do this when it is there turn to say the prayer, so far no takers.
Post a Comment