So a few weeks ago we went over to this lady's house that I do scouts with. She just turned 50 and had all these balloons. Of course, Brooke loved them so the lady kindly gave some to Brooke to take home. Well, they stayed inflated for weeks! At first, every morning Brooke would wake up and want to know where her balloons were. Then, the novelty started to wear off and they were just floating up on the ceiling for days. Finally, I decided we needed to let the balloons go oustide. We weren't sure how Brooke would react to letting them go, but she loved it! She told the balloons "bye" and off they went!
Sunday snuggles with daddyShe also loves to chew/suck on the corner of her blanky. The other night before bed, I was singing to her and she kept trying to get me to take a bite of her nasty, chewed on corner. I kept telling her no, that I didn't need any. But I think she thought she was being nice by sharing. The same goes with her sippy. She is always trying to share a drink from it with Blake and I. Sometimes I'll pretend to take a drink from it, but this time I told her no, thank you (we're working on teaching Brooke that) so Brooke said, "then smell it!" so I did.
On Sunday we don't have church until 11am so we usually keep Brooke in her PJs until then. Well, all of a sudden she comes out of her room totally naked and says "We go swimmy?" Brooke loves, loves going to church. If we tell her we are going to church she gets so excited and runs upstairs to find her tights. Putting her tights on for church is the highlight of her day.
Oh words cannot describe what it is like to be the mother of this little one. She brings us so much joy and happiness (as well as exhaustion, frustration, and the occassional curse word) BUT, aside from that, we are so proud and amazied at what a sweet little girl she is turning out to be!
5 comments:
I love her Easter picture. It is so cute!
Oh the balloons.....Brooke's lucky you let her send them off. Ususally I snip the random balloon with scizzors after Mr. Munchkin has gone to sleep :) Last week we were at the Dollar Store and came across the mylar balloon section. Yes, we ended up taking home a "Happy Birthday" Balloon beacuse it also had a doggie on it....Good thing I can afford the $ store :) Right now we have an Elmo balloon hanging around from Tyler's parents. I haven't snipped that one yet!
It's so funny (and sometimes a little humbling!) when they get to the age where they start mimicking you. Sometimes you think, "is that what I really sound like to them?" Brooke is cute and sweet! We love the Our Best Bites website, too (your cupcakes turned out really cute!). I want to try out her Tucanos recipes for the Brazilian lemonade and cheese bread. We'll have to get together for dinner again soon, it was really fun!
I love how Brooke is being a little mommy. Especially when she asked you to 'spit it out'. I wish Jocelyn liked getting dressed and putting her tights on!
I'm surprised too considering the stinker you were...No you were a sweet little girl, just look back on this post when she hits teen years to remind yourself not to kill her;)
Post a Comment