Things got better on Monday and Tuesday. Blake and I decided to celebrate our anniversary (7 years!) by going into Salt Lake. We stopped at Cabela's where Brooke loved to watch the fish. And spent some time at Thanksgiving Point walking through the gardens and seeing their little farm animals they have there.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Starting it off with a Bang
This summer started on kind of a shaky note. The Saturday after school ended for me, I took Brooke to the grocery store where she realized for the first time there is food there. She kept doing the sign for "eat" every time I put something new in the cart. She also started reaching for things off the shelves and was not content like she usually is to just sit in the cart. She was the same way when we went to the library next. Then as soon as we got home Brooke broke a glass bottle of salad dressing all over the floor and cut her foot. The cut wasn't bad, but I had to mop the floor 3 times in order for it not to be a sticky mess anymore. Then we had to go back to the store beacause I forgot something and while there Brooke lost one of her new shoes. I couldn't find it anywhere. (the store called on Sunday and they found it) Then that night I realized Brooke had chewed a hole through her last binky! So totally unexpectedly and sooner than I had planned, it was round 2 of Brooke going binky-less. I am happy to say that the nights are getting better and I think this time it's actually going to stick.
Things got better on Monday and Tuesday. Blake and I decided to celebrate our anniversary (7 years!) by going into Salt Lake. We stopped at Cabela's where Brooke loved to watch the fish. And spent some time at Thanksgiving Point walking through the gardens and seeing their little farm animals they have there.

Blake's sister kindly offered to watch Brooke for us so Blake and I could enjoy a night out together. We stuffed ourselves sick at Rodizzio Grill (YUMMY!). Tuesday morning we got up and went to the zoo.

Brooke was on the go from the moment we got there!
This orangutan came over to say hello to Brooke. When she finally noticed it was there, and it was a live thing behind the window, she started laughing.
My favorite part was definitely the baby elephant. So cute!

We also got an upclose and personal look at the tigers. Usually they are always sleeping and hiding when we go. Today they were right by the fence. The 3 cubs from last year are all grown up and really playful. We got to watch them wrestle in the water.
I think it's safe to say Brooke wasn't the only one exhausted on the ride home! I am not sure how Blake took this picture while driving, but we are safe and sound back at home!
Things got better on Monday and Tuesday. Blake and I decided to celebrate our anniversary (7 years!) by going into Salt Lake. We stopped at Cabela's where Brooke loved to watch the fish. And spent some time at Thanksgiving Point walking through the gardens and seeing their little farm animals they have there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
The grocery store is hit and miss with us.....sometimes the babe is so well behaved and happy - sometimes he is crazy and fussy and wants to be held, etc. I'm sorry it was a stressful day!
On another note, the little trip to SLC looks so fun. We are planning to do some of those same things when we have friends from WA come visit in July. I'm just hoping Ryker enjoys the zoo and Thanksgiving point as much as the admission costs :) And BTW if you ever need a place to stay on your visits, we have plenty of room in South Jordan. It would be so good to catch up in person!
we should of coordinated the zoo we really need toget together sometime . brooke is getting so big she is such a cutie.
I love the store story. Brooke is definitly related to Ethan! I love the baby elephant and I was wondering if you caught any flies while you were asleep!
Oh that sounds like so much fun! Looks like Brooke is going to keep you really busy this summer.
I am glad you survived the drive!! That is too funny. I should do that to Jake some time.
I am envious that the tigers played for you guys. And I haven't been to Thanksgiving point in ages. I've never seen those trees. Brooke has amazing focus. I should go. I have been really wanting to take my boys to that dinosaur museum there.
Hallelujah! For a night out! Hope you enjoyed it!
Oh man, that last picture is so hilarious! I love you for posting it! I also think that picture of the tiger running at the fence is incredible! Happy Anniversary to you. Sounds like it was very eventful!
Looks like you guys had a fun trip! congrats on 7 years too by the way! :) Brooke sure is a little cutie, too! Looks like she enjoyed herself!
Ahhh looks like one tired Mommy...I love that picture. Just one question...When can we steal Brooke again?!!!!!!!!! We may just keep her for good! Glad you have fun at the zoo...looking forward to the fourth!
I love "sleeping with your mouth open" pictures. And I think we need to get to the zoo again. Happy Anniversary!
Wow, you've been busy. (I'm sure Brooke helps with that.) Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a night out together. I love the open-mouth sleeping shot -- I've been in too many of those. :)
And play it by hear? No, no, no. Too funny.
Oh Courtney, finally a moment to yourself. Sleep on and dream of quiet days. You actually look a little sunburned from the trip. Glad you and Blake could get away for your anniversary. Brings back a great day in Manti together. Love you two lots and lots. And Bumpkin too!
Post a Comment